Lately I’ve been messing around with making food videos but I’m a little shy to jump right in front of the camera so I convinced my darling daughter, Coco, that she should be the star of the show. It’s actually an excellent idea to get your kiddos to take part in the cooking process for a couple of reasons. One, they will become aware of what constitutes good nutritious food and two, they will be much more likely to eat their own creations.
I had so much fun making this video that I’d love to share it with you. Head to https://youtu.be/hFN6ehzr3GI to see my little cook, Coco. She’s such an inspiration to me that you might just see me in front of the camera one day. Until then, enjoy this gluten free and dairy free cake…or I should say pie.
Paleo Peach Pie
Coco, my daughter, has wanted to be a cook since she was three years old. I thought I'd throw her into the thick of food videography and she loved it. This gluten free and dairy free pie/cake is an excellent healthy after dinner dessert for young and old.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 T coconut oil
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced peaches
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350
- Step 2 Blend all the wet ingredients except the peaches together in a large bowl
- Step 3 In a small bowl add all the dry ingredients then whisk
- Step 4 Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then fold in the peaches
- Step 5 Grease a square pan then pour in the batter
- Step 6 Cook for 45 minutes then cool for 10
- Step 7 Serve with Love and Enjoy!